The villa is ideally situated for a relaxing holiday and is also a strategic departure point for some of the important tourist destinations in Tuscany.
Easy day trips from the Villa include: Florence (68 miles) and its historical city center, Siena (40 miles) and its rich history of the Palio, San Gimignano (64 miles) the Manhattan of Italy, and Assisi (56 miles). Only a short distance from the Villa are the ancient hill towns of: Pienza (11 miles) a fabulous small town, Cortona (21 miles) the setting of Under the Tuscan Sun, Montalcino (22 miles) the home of Brunello Wine, and Orvieto (44 miles).
The gem of the villa is its location. It sits right below Montepulciano, a medieval and Renaissance hill town known for its food and wine – Vino Nobile di Montepulciano. In 15 minutes you can walk to town where you'll find a variety of shops and more than 30 fine restaurants, which provide many days of great meals, wine and shopping. At one end of the street is a café to enjoy your morning cappuccino with the locals and at the opposite end is the location of the town’s Market, which takes place each Thursday. From the moment you come through the gate you will feel at home and know that you are living the Tuscan dream.
- Airports: Roma Fiumicino 128 miles, Firenze 76 miles, Perugia 47 miles, Bologna 131 miles, Pisa 119 miles, Milano Malpensa 287 miles.
- Train stations: Montepulciano Stazione 5 miles (for trains to and from Siena), Chuisi 16 miles, and Cortona 19 miles.
- Highways: A1 Autostrada exit is is 11 miles to the north at the Betolle Exit or 14 miles to the south at Chuisi Exit.
- Shops and services: many restaurants, cafes, wineries, groceries, art galleries, pharmacists, food markets, and other unique shops are less than 2 miles away.
- Access road: access is 0.7 mile from the town’s ring road down ½ mile of unpaved road which is frequented by hikers and walkers.
- Attractions: Pienza 11 miles, Siena 40 miles, Montalcino 22 miles, Cetona 16 miles, Firenze (historical center) 68 miles, Lucca 116 miles, San Gimignano 64 miles, La Foce 6 miles.